With April winding down, we’re setting our sights on what’s right around the corner: Mother’s Day! Whether you’re shopping for a treat for yourself, have a significant other that could use a “hint” or you’re looking to surprise a special mom in your life – we’ve rounded up all the ways to gift MLMH (and more) this Mother’s Day. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, that water you’re working on, or pour yourself some wine as we feature some of our favorite items to gift, and other small businesses you can support this Mother’s Day!
The New Mom
Mother’s Day is always extra special for new moms, isn’t it? If you can think back to your first Mother’s Day I’m certain it was filled with ALL of the feels! This is one day she’ll want to remember forever and to capture it so that the memory lasts a lifetime, we’ve got some great suggestions!
- The gift of memories with a photo session! If you’re local, our photographer Vivid Life Experience cannot come more highly recommended. Arlyn and Jovan have taken photos for us since the brand was born and it’s been amazing to watch our small businesses grow together. More recently, we’ve also connected with Melissa of Mark Rand Photography who was so incredibly kind to feature us in swag bags for an event. If you’re not local, take a look at photographers in your area for mini sessions and more. These are truly the gift that keeps on giving!
- The gift of comfort is often overlooked. There’s nothing quite like being able to enjoy your quality time together, comfortably! For new moms, that can sometimes be a struggle. All of our garments are designed with moms in mind, comfort and function come first and foremost! Our sunshine mama zip up is great for layering in the early days on forward because it’s soft, stretchy, will stand the test of time! Our tanks make layering up and down easy (especially for new nursing mamas) and we have a variety of styles to suit just about every body.
The Mom of MANY
We’ve all seen her (or been her!) The mom who has a big ol’ chaos crew in tow, and is ready and willing to tackle quite literally anything. Below you’ll find some gift suggestions to make her Mother’s Day extra special this year!
- Yes, this crew is all mine! This slouchy tee is a favorite style around here, and why not let her shirt speak for her when someone wants to ask, “are they all yours?!”
- The gift of me-time is so important. When the crew is constantly in need, it leaves little time for her to even so much as *think* for herself! Giving the gift of me-time can be as simple as booking her a massage, hiring a sitter, or taking the kiddos for the day and letting her choose her own adventure. If you want to offer a physical gift that can be given with this “me time pass” our Take time to Recharge apparel and drinkware are great products that can be paired with this sentiment or a gift card.
- New wall art. Whether the kids all participate in making something handmade, or you order a custom piece like this one, art makes a great gift for the mom who has potentially been gifted everything already!
The Always-On-The-Go Mom
The mama who is bouncing from school, to sports, to extra-curricular activities. She’s always prepared, and more often than not she’s got the good snacks! Show that busy mom some love this year with these gift ideas.
- Add a little ease to her day. Whether it’s a new tumbler all for her, a gift card for her favorite grab-and-go lunch spot, or an easy-to-carry keyring wallet that saves her precious moments digging at the bottom of her bag for those keys this mom will for sure appreciate gifts that make life a little easier.
- If you can’t gift her an extra set of hands, you can gift her something to help lighten her load! Our cinch bags and belt bags are great for this, but if you need something a little bigger try our hands full heart full zipper top tote to keep all the things contained!
- The gift of function is always appreciated. Chances are if she’s on the go she may be hitting a drive-thru or two for a diet coke, coffee or tea. Help keep her drink hot (or her ice from melting) with the cutest cozies around from our friends at Peaks & Pine, they fit perfectly on these tumblers!
The Caffeine Queen Mom
She wears her coordinating Fueled by Caffeine and Chaos apparel and drinkware *proudly* and won’t be caught leaving the house without a coffee in hand. This mom appreciates a great cup of caffeine and we’ve got just the right gifts for her!
- We couldn’t think of a better gift than caffeine. In case you haven’t heard: we have a coffee club! You can gift mom a 3, 6, or 12-month subscription to get our mystery monthly coffee flavor delivered straight to her door. Want more details? Read all about it here. In addition to the coffee club, we also offer a variety of locally roasted small-batch coffees and teas, including cold brew and flavored blends. Take a peek here at all the potential caffeinated gifts we have brewing!
- A new mug or tumbler is always a good idea. Moms that love coffee know exactly what they like: options! Whether you pop into a local small business and grab her something unique or handmade, or shop our collection of mugs and tumblers – this is one gift she will absolutely appreciate!
- A new way to brew. Our community of moms has a favorite way to brew, and that’s with this coffee machine. It brews everything from a whole pot, to a single cup of hot coffee, to an XL iced coffee, (and everything in between!) This upgrade to her morning routine will make a great gift!
The Fit Mom
This mom is a self care queen, and rightfully so! We see her hard work and dedication pouring into other facets of her life and appreciate the example she sets. This year we’ve rounded up a few ways you can show her some extra love and appreciation.
- No one appreciates new fitness gear more. Whether she’s working out from home or in the gym, she will love a light and flowy tank to add to her collection. This coral color is great for summer, but we also have this great neutral!
- Make the splurge for her. When mom puts herself first, it’s not always easy to justify it, sometimes that mom guilt creeps in and we put our bigger wants and needs on the back burner. So, whether she’s been eyeing a new pair of headphones, a new blender for smoothies, could use a new pair of cute sneaks, or is really wanting to try a new fitness class – making the splurge for her is a great way to say “thanks, mom!”
The Homebody Mom
Home is her happy place and she isn’t afraid to let everyone know it. Cozy, comfy, and content, this mama can make anywhere feel like home. Return the favor and the love with one of these great gift ideas!
- Something sweet and scented. Our collection of candles is handmade and poured right here in MA by another woman-owned small business. We have a variety of scents available and they burn for well over 40 hours, to make this a gift that keeps on giving!
- Spring for fresh florals! There’s no better way to brighten up her favorite place than by surprising mom with flowers. Local farmstands make the most beautiful bundles, if you’re local try Blush in Bloom or Golden Hour Tulip Farm for fresh cut stems and arrangements.
- Cozy never goes out of style. Something from our homebody collection or even one of our soft and cozy blankets will surely wrap up this Mother’s Day!
Mom Friends, Grandparents & Bonus Moms
Mother’s Day looks different for all of us, and that’s what makes it so special. Beyond celebrating your own mom, or yourself, here are some special gifts we picked to celebrate the others mamas all around us.
- From mom to mom. Our Love Like a Mother design or United we Mom collections make great gifts because only a mom can truly appreciate what it takes to be a mom. Send a special mom in your life that appreciation with one of these pieces!
- Something for bonus moms. Whether it’s a new tee, or a piece of jewelery don’t forget to wish that extra “bonus” mom in your life a Happy Mother’s Day. Chances are we’ve got something to fit her style.
- For Grand-MOMS of all kinds! Our Best Job Ever tee is a favorite for grandparents this time of year.
Truth is, we could continue this conversation for ALL KINDS of moms, and what is most important is not what we buy her, but simply taking the time to recognize her. If you’re still stuck on what to grab for mom, our gift cards make great (and easy!) gifts. We hope this guide makes your Mother’s Day shopping a little bit easier, and thank you for choosing to shop small with this mom owned business, we appreciate your support so very much!